Beauty Brushes & Cleaning
The type of makeup you put on can drastically change your look as can your skincare routine. However, the tools and brushes used are equally important! Keeping brushes clean can make all the difference so we're sharing our favorite brushes, where we use them (not always all at once) and the best cleaner!
1. Under Eye Highlight // IT Cosmetics Brushes for Ulta "Highlight & Blending" No. 223
2. Cheekbone Shimmer Highlight // E.L.F. "Blush Brush"
3. Contour // Real Techniques "Sculpting Brush"
4. Cream Contour or Concealer // Sonia Kashuk "Flat Face" No. 114
5. Foundation // IT Cosmetics Brushes for Ulta "Airbrush Blurring Foundation" No. 101
6. Bronzer // ecoTools "Domed Bronzer Brush"
7. Blush // Victoria's Secret Angled Blush Brush
8. Eye Shadow Blender // IT Cosmetics Brushes for Ulta "Airbrush" No. 124
9. Eye Shadow // Sonia Kashuk "Precision Smudger" No. 203
10. Eye Shadow Brow Bone // Victoria's Secret
11. Eye Shadow Lid // Victoria's Secret
The best of the best is the beauty blender - This blurs everything lines, makeup EVERYTHING! We were skeptical at first and it took a little while to come around, but it is so worth the purchase.
To keep these beauties clean, using luke-warm water and a gentle cleanser is best. Both Sephora and Ulta have fair-priced spray cleanser options (~$5). Get your brushes wet (always keep them brush facing down so water doesn't get into the base!) and spray a few pumps of cleanser. Gently swirl the brush on the perfectly ridged Brushegg, rinse until the water runs clear and Viola!